Re: [RFS] -- golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma

On 16/02/23 00:31, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:30:27PM +0530, Vinay wrote:
On 15/02/23 00:45, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 11:10:34PM +0530, Vinay wrote:
Requesting Sponsorship for the new package
golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma [1]
Is there a particular reason to package this?
it was dependency of [4]  and [5] was suggested to get started on debian go
mentors matrix room long back.
Here's the review:

1. Please fix copyright. The author stated in LICENSE and d/copyr do not
match. Other than that, there is a different author mentioned in
regex_test.go which needs to be mentioned in d/copyright.
Added
Files: regex_test.go
Copyright: 2009, The Go Authors.
License: BSD-3-clause

2. As per readme, this package should also have a "Depends" on libonig-dev, but please double check.
The tests otherwise fail for me with:
| # github.com/go-enry/go-oniguruma
| ./regex.go:7:10: fatal error: oniguruma.h: No such file or directory
|    7 | #include <oniguruma.h>
|          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
| compilation terminated

Have added the libnig-dev to Depends builds in clean chroot environment.

In a pristine system.

3. As the package vendors code that could be arch dependent (for instance in chelper.c I see structs, ints
etc) it'd be wrong to mark it as "M-A: foreign". It'd be further invalidated once it starts depending
on libonig-dev (which is arch dependent)
So it should be Architecture: any and Multi-Arch: same because it contains architecture-dependent files ?
https://wiki.debian.org/MultiArch/Hints#set_Multi-Arch:_same
4. Please cleanup:
I: golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.6.0 (released 2021-08-18) (current is 4.6.2)
X: golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma source: prefer-uscan-symlink filenamemangle s%(?:.*?)?v?(\d[\d.]*)\.tar\.gz%@PACKAGE@-$1.tar.gz% [debian/watch:4]

Reply to the list once you have addressed these.

PS: Are you subscribed to the list? Can I stop CC'ing you?
yes subscribed to the list.