Re: Updating golang-github-checkpoint-restore-go-criu to v6

Hi Mathias,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 8:15 AM Reinhard Tartler <siretart@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 11:04 PM Mathias Gibbens <gibmat@debian.org> wrote:
[...] the
upstream main branch has switched to v6. Attempting to patch runc to
use v6 in Debian seems too invasive, and I don't know how long it will
be until runc releases a version that uses v6.

Looking ta https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/commit/fbce47a6b67bad0da33ea9c17a4ade0ccd89d6cd it seems that the bulk of the diff is part of the vendor/ directory, which we would ignore for a debian patch anyways. The actual patch appears to be touching only import lines in 3 .go files of the upstream source. I must be missing something because that doesn't look invasive at all. Can you elaborate on why you feel that's not a good approach?
I think I've done exactly that in https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/runc/-/commits/experimental

Can you (and possibly Shengjing) try to run the https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/runc/-/blob/experimental/debian/tests/integration against the go-criu 6.3.0 from experimental and let me know if that passes? If so, I'd suggest to go ahead and upload to experimental, which should pave the road to having both in unstable.

what do you think?

--
regards,
    Reinhard