Re: Upload request: dnss (version 0.0~git20230806.0.38ca607c-1)

On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 12:36:47AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On 08/06/2023 4:42 PM IST Alberto Bertogli <albertito@blitiri.com.ar> wrote:
I updated package dnss (https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/dnss)
to the current upstream.

There are minor changes to the Debian package just to track upstream
requirements (new dependency on go-cmp, and some embedded files).

You might like to change the wording a little. Maybe say newly added tmpl files.
Embedded would usually mean embedding a new package altogether. Given that you wrote these,
they are not embedded per se :)

Thanks, I used it in the "Go embed" context, but I'll keep it in mind for next time that in the context of Debian packages it means something else.

Can someone please review the changes and upload?

Uploaded after minor wording changes in d/ch. Sorry for being too nitpicky.

Thank you, and nothing to apologize for, I appreciate the thorough review!

I'd suggest some changes for next time:
- Fix: "I: dnss: systemd-service-file-missing-documentation-key [lib/systemd/system/dnss.service]"

Fixed.

- Fix: "X: dnss source: update-debian-copyright 2016 vs 2023 [debian/copyright:10]"

Fixed.

- Add a d/u/metadata

Done. I added a few fields and lintian isn't complaining, but I'm not sure if that's what you were after.

Since you are the upstream author of dnss, would you maybe consider tagging releases properly (upstream) with proper semver instead of picking stuff via commit hashes?

Sure, I think by now this is a reasonable request. Next one will be tagged.

PS: Last year we discussed [1] reseting the upstream branch and changing
to a different release naming scheme.

Funny, I completely forgot about it despite starting the same conversation.

I haven't done it this time and
kept things as they are, but I'll follow up on IRC to do this after the
upload, to avoid changing two things at once.

FYI I will be doing this today. Will sync on IRC just in case.

Thanks!
		Alberto