Re: Upload request: chasquid 1.11-1

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 11:28:56PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 02:48:23PM +0000, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
I updated package chasquid to the latest upstream version, 1.11.

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/chasquid/

Can someone please review the changes and upload?

Although it seems like there's some change in upstream
systemd files. I haven't tested it (I don't use a self-hosted SMTP server) but I
did skim thorugh the diffs (which seems OK) and also assume as
upstream and package maintainer you tested it already.

Thanks for checking and flagging this!

Yes, the new upstream config has been tested against upstream's example config file.

However, you made me realize I did not check updating the Debian package version, which has two issues:

1) It is missing a key capability from upstream.

This is trivial to fix, and I will update the repo in salsa shortly after this email.

2) How will a package update behave? If the previously installed systemd files will get overridden, then it can break working installations.

That's because chasquid's config file won't be necessarily updated to match the new systemd files.

So depending on the answer to #2 I will end up reversting these changes for Debian :(

What do you think?

Thanks!
		Alberto