Re: How to version the current development version?

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 12:53:53PM +0200, Martin Dosch wrote:
> as I intent to package ymuse I need a version of golang-github-fhs-gompd
> newer than the latest release (2.2.0), therefore I'd like to package the
> current development state.
>
> How should the version look like? Locally I just use
> `2.2.0+git20220620.bbf8359` for now.

- Have you checked if ymuse can build with 2.2.0 itself?
  If so, this problem is solved.
- If not, are the needed changes small in number?
  Is possible to apply the needed changes as a patch (via d/patches) if that's the case
- If none of the above work, then yes, the version you mentioned will do.

--
Best,