Re: Update golang-github-appc-cni to 1.0 (was Re: singularity-container: CVE-2021-33622)

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 11:33 PM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi Shengjing,
>
> On 2/18/22 10:14 PM, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 12:23 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> >> Cool.  I'd be happy if you would ping me to let me continue with
> >> singularity.
> >>

> > I think you can build singularity in experiment for now to see if
> > there are other failures.
>
> It is building. All RC bugs have been fixed with the version in experimental.
> If you could please update golang-github-appc-cni it'd be helpful to transition this to unstable then.
> (that's the only blocker atm)
>
> If you could work on it soonish, that'd be really appreciated.

OK, I'll try to work on updating it and all reverse deps next week.
The new version has breaking changes by removing old interfaces.
The two main consumers(containerd and podman) have new
versions(containerd 1.6, podman 4.0) which work with it.
Though you may notice I have a patch by keeping the old interface in
app-cni repo, I think it just makes the rev-deps building... The logic
in the code may have serious bugs. So it may just cheat the release
team's britney and let it go to testing. But if containerd and podman
is about to update, then I'd like to take the risk to "cheat". (that's
why I wrote that patch at that time...)

--
Shengjing Zhu