Re: Update golang-github-appc-cni to 1.0 (was Re: singularity-container: CVE-2021-33622)

Hi

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 9:30 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Am Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 12:37:11AM +0800 schrieb Shengjing Zhu:
> > > From my naive perspective we most probably want last versions of
> > > containerd and podman anyway and we are early in the release cycle.  So
> > > breaking unstable for a limited time span might be tolerable, IMHO.
> > >

> > We only know they will be updated recently since the new versions were
> > just released a few days ago.
>
> I've just read that Ubuntu is doing the sync from unstable tomorrow
> (24.2.).  Thus having a working singularity-container version in
> unstable (the current version in unstable is not working) would make
> things easier.  I admit I personally do not use Ubuntu - I've just read
> this argument on some other list and it could be some motivation to push
> the move of singularity-container and its preconditions to unstable
> right now.  (If it breaks anything we might get input from Ubuntu
> people. ;-P)

appc-cni was uploaded yesterday.

However, I don't think the singularity-container package can sync to
Ubuntu automatically.
It build-depends containerd and docker.io, which are two packages not
synced between Ubuntu and Debian.

You can take podman for reference(which also build-depends docker.io),
it needs changes to upload to Ubuntu.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libpod

--
Shengjing Zhu