Re: [WIP] golang-github-zmap-zcrypto

On Thu, 1 Jul, 2021, 2:34 am Peymaneh Nejad, <p.nejad@posteo.de> wrote:

Am 30.06.21 um 22:33 schrieb Nilesh Patra:

> On 7/1/21 1:45 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have packaged github.com/zmap/zcrypto[1] which would be a B-D for golang-github-zmap-zcertificate[2].
>>
>> I think it is mostly done only that there is some confusing statements on the various licenses of the project[2] that needs to be clarified. I have contacted upstream about that.
>>
>> A review would be nice anyway as this might take some while and there might be other issues with the package that I could take care of until then.
>
> Probably rather than doing this[1] you could simply exclude it in d/gbp.conf -- see this[2] as an example

Makes sense.
Just to be sure: Since the tag for the current release already exists, I would
need to delete the last commit on upstream branch and its tag, run `gbp
import-orig ../upstream-release-tar-file..`, and force push to upstream?

Not really.

$ git tag -d upstream/<tag>
$ gbp import-orig ......
$ git push --all -u --follow-tags