Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi!

Aloïs Micard <alois@micard.lu>,
10/02/2021 – 18:39:50 (+0100):

> Here's a little review:
>
> - debian/changelog:
>
> * Initial release NMU (Closes: 982472)
>
> You do not need to add 'NMU', as your are an uploader of the package,
> you aren't doing an NMU, so just remove the 'NMU' mention. :)
done.

> The Closes keyword need to be formatted like this: (Closes: #nnnn)
> so add an # before the bug number.
done.

> debian/control:
>
> - Section: devel
>
> Can you change from devel to golang?
> we have our section now.
done.

> - Standards-Version: 4.5.0
>
> Can you bump to 4.5.1 ? It's the latest one.
>
> see: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
Done but I guess that the dh-make-golang tool should be updated then,
I'll open a PR tomorrow, putting it here for my record:
(https://github.com/Debian/dh-make-golang/blob/adbf657b5904df7f984f2d788e9e551676574cc0/template.go#L161).

> - Description
>
> The description field is malformed, see:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#description
>
> basically you'll want to have a synopsis on the first line, and an extended
> description on the other lines, something like (only a suggestion):
>
> ```
>   The top level package, diff, contains convenience functions for the most common uses.
>   .
>   The subpackages provide very fine-grained control over every aspect:
>   .
>   - myers creates diffs using the Myers diff algorithm.
>   - edit contains the core diff data types.
>   - ctxt provides tools to reduce the amount of context in a diff.
>   - write provides routines to write diffs in standard formats.
> ```
done.

> - debian/copyright:
>
> - Copyright: Copyright 2018 Joshua Bleecher Snyder
>
> I think you should format it like:
>
> Copyright: 2018 Joshua Bleecher Snyder <josharian+github@gmail.com>
done.

The CI is red but there is nothing I can do I presume (and the
gitlab-ci.yml header does not invite me to touch that :))

Lintian is green :)

Also what's the good way of squashing my commits? Or should I document
better the changes than 'fixup!' and not rebase?

--
Faustin Lammler
GPG: F652 BCD1 1AA8 8975 F010 48A5 390A 2F27 832A 5C79