Re: Dealing with the vendor directory

On Dec 14, 2021 at 3:31:21 AM, Cyril Brulebois <cyril@debamax.com> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Stephen Gelman <ssgelm@debian.org> (2021-12-13):
With the new-style packaging repo format that uses the upstream git,
it appears that the vendor directory gets pulled in from the upstream.
How are people handling this? I can exclude the vendor directory from
the build but it still doesn’t seem great to ship it at all…

You can check Files-Excluded in debian/copyright, which very likely
lists that directory, and uscan (which processes debian/watch); you can
check its manpage to learn more about mk-origtargz and Files-Excluded*.

In the end, the vendor directory lives in the git repository on salsa
(via the merged upstream branches), but it doesn't end up in the
tarballs pushed to the archive, so all is well?

After some discussion on IRC we concluded that the issue is https://github.com/Debian/dh-make-golang/issues/151. I worked around this by removing vendor in the upstream branch, making a new +ds1 tag, then merging it in.

Stephen