New to the package and new to the go

Hey,

My name is Ricardo and I'm starting to study how to build / updates packages on Debian.

Looking for Orphans packages I've been realized there are some packages from golang.

And how I was planning to study go, it could be a good opportunity to learn both at same time.

I choose a simple package on wnpp [0].

So, I have some questions:

My first question a go related question. In the upstream repo, I found out a example in the README. And the program import the modules:

import (
	"image/png"
	"os"

	"github.com/boombuler/barcode"
	"github.com/boombuler/barcode/qr"
)

So, my question:

1) When I install the package golang-barcode-dev (apt install golang-barcode-dev), the go uses the package installed locally, or pushes the code from github?

The following question is about package

2) Was it a good choice to start?

3) I've already a user on salsa. So, the first thing to do is fork the repo [1], correct?

4) I've read [2] and [3], but I'm still a bit confused.

Thanks a lot

[0] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-barcode
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-barcode
[2] https://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2015/07/27/dh-make-golang.html