Re: Package gRPCurl?

Hi Craig,

> Hello Debian Go Packaging Team!

> I often use gRPCurl (https://github.com/fullstorydev/grpcurl) and
> noticed that it wasn't available as a Debian package, so I thought,
> hey, I could try packaging that! Would this be a good tool to create a
> package for?

If this tool is useful, and does something non-trivial - sure, why not? :-)

> If so I would be glad to give it a shot. Of course, if
> required (and I am sure it would be), I would appreciate any help as I
> have never created or maintained a package before.

Alright, so you need to learn to package in order to get this going. The
go team pages[1] is a nice place to start.
You also might want to have a look at the new maintainers guide[2]
Please also create an account on salsa[3] and request access to go team[4]
since most work is best team maintained.

Feel free to join #debian-golang IRC on OFTC - you might get quicker

Welcome on board! \o/

[1]: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/
[2]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/public