seeking review of golang-github-aymerick-douceur and golang-github-chris-ramon-douceur WAS: RFS for golang-github-gorilla-css , pat dependency

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 09:43:24AM -0500, Federico Grau wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 06:54:28PM -0500, Federico Grau wrote:
> > I'm a longtime Debian user, recently trying to help with packaging of a DFSG
> > version of a Winlink client -- Pat (used in ham radio and emergency
> > communications ; https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=877030).

> ** including debian-hams, as the target sw "Pat" is ham related
>
> Thanks for the earlier ITP feedback Utkarsh,
>
> With help from taowa I've uploaded golang-github-gorilla-css to mentors.d.n ,
> and am seeking a RFS (this is my first upload to Debian; let me know if I must
> correct items).

>     https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-gorilla-css

Hello again debian-golang and debian-hams,

I've completed packaging and testing the next couple dependencies for Pat, and
am now seeking review of them, in preparation for RFS or uploading.

    https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-aymerick-douceur

    https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-chris-ramon-douceur

Some items that may be worth discussing/pointing out:

a) There is a relatively small delta between these packages
https://paste.debian.net/1181529 (expires 2021-04-17).  The chris-ramon dev
just made a couple column additions.  The "ideal/nice" solution would be to
merge packages, but also not something i'm ready to take on now. My angle is
to plow on with the packages in their current state, and help support
addressing issues as they arise.

b) Lack of upstream response/maintenance - reaching out to both douceur
authors returned /dev/null after several weeks (2 - 4).  Again, my current
angle, with the goal of getting Pat packaged, is to plow on and address issues
as they may come up.  The software functioned OK during my testing and
evaluation.

c) Given the first item, both packages have the same binary, which is
basically a simple wrapper/example of the library.   I've taken the approach
of renaming the inherited binary (douceur -> douceurcr), trying to fit in with
Deb Pol.

d) Part of me would like to add some basic "example files" (sample input, from
the README.md); i'm unclear if that should go in the binary or library
package.  Given the binary is static (no lib dep), i'm contemplating adding
the example files to both, but holding for now and welcome feedback.

Next steps (post RFS), would be to start breaking bluemonday; i believe the
process is for me to create another branch and submit merge request.  Does the
alternate branch name matter (e.g. any structure or template for the branch
name i should follow, or is that freeform and up to me)?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.  I'm on IRC (oftc) if real-time chat may
help.

regards,
donfede