Podman 3.0 and Debian bullseye

Dear release-team,

I'm proposing to have podman 3.0 in debian/bullseye. As maintainer of the package, I'm convinced this is a good step for Debian because:

 - podman 3.0 will be included in RHEL 8.4, which will be released in May 2021. I expect security support for podman in Debian to become significantly simpler than let's say podman 2.2
 - users have expressed interest in podman 2.2 or late (cf. #978650 and others)
 - podman 3.0 implements enough of docker's REST API to support docker-compose (cf. https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/podman-docker-compose)
 - the salsa team has expressed interest in exploring podman to facilitate gitlab maintenance. I'd expect this update to make their lives significantly easier if included in the next stable release

Current concerns/risk:

 - Podman 3.0.0~rc1 was only just released, but I expect it to be released soon. After all, RHEL 8.4 is scheduled for May 2021
 - Podman 3 drops the legacy varlink interface. To the best of my knowledge, there are no packages in debian/testing that would require varlink (please correct me if I'm wrong here). Not having to support varlink in Debian seems a support benefit, there is little to no love for it upstream.
 - I've just uploaded podman 3.0 to debian/experimental, and is ready for wider testing. Uploading to unstable requires a couple of additional package updates in sid:
   - golang-github-containers-storage
   - golang-github-containers-image
   - golang-github-containers-common
   - golang-github-containers-buildah

I'm not really sure if this update required formal approval by the release team, but I'd really appreciate your input in any case.

Best,
-rt