Re: Update of golang-github-gdamore-cell to 2.*

Hi,
ok, I will try.

I would like to pack https://github.com/dundee/gdu afterwards which needs gdamore/tcell (as it uses rivo/tview).

Thank you!

Daniel

Dne 21. 01. 21 v 8:11 Utkarsh Gupta napsal(a):
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 3:47 AM Daniel Milde <daniel@milde.cz> wrote:
I am starting with packaging Go stuff and would like to update
golang-github-gdamore-tcell to version 2.*

This version is referenced as github.com/gdamore/tcell/v2 in go.mod and
it's not backwards compatible with version 1.* which is on Salsa -
https://salsa.debian.org/dundee/golang-github-gdamore-tcell

My question is: Should I update the current package or start a new one
for it (golang-github-gdamore-tcell-v2)?
As long as the other reverse{-build}-dependencies don't break, you can
try to update the same package. Or maybe change the binary name from
v2 onward, for example, git2go.

Either way, I just want to remind you that there's a fork of this
library, golang-github-zyedidia-tcell-dev, I maintain and this is v2.
Maybe you can see if this works for you and then there'd be no need to
work on the original fork?

- u