Re: golang-raven-go

// send from my mobile device

Thorsten Alteholz <debian@alteholz.de> 于 2020年12月18日周五 07:30写道:
Hi team,

for a new package I need to update golang-raven-go to the newest version
0.2.0.
Among others this version now depends on "github.com/certifi/gocertifi".
Some time ago[1] Praveen suggested not to package this but use the system
CA bundle instead. From my point of view this sounds reasonable.

So, would it be enough to just replace
   rootCAs, err := gocertifi.CACerts()
by
   rootCAs, err := x509.SystemCertPool()
?

Hi, I think it's enough. But be sure to depend on ca-certificates on the final package (not the raven-go).

(I would prefer to stick with raven-go and not maintain a patch to replace
it by sentry-go.)

Thorsten

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2018/12/msg00065.html