Re: gitlab-shell buster-backports and golang 1.15

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 5:31 AM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:

> I suspect this could be related to version of golang, in
> unstable/testing it is 1.15 so we may need the newer golang version.
> Can someone confirm if this is indeed the case? If yes, do we plan to
> backport golang 1.15? I can also help with backporting.

I think it has happened before? The aptitude resolver has a problem in
-backports to pick up gccgo rather than golang-go.
gccgo in buster only implements go1.10

What seems to work in my testing on backporting golang-github-moby-sys is to declare a Build-Conflicts on gccgo to force it to use go1.14.

It occurs to me that golang-go1.14 is no longer in testing (but remains in backports). Has anyone started (plans to work on) backporting golang-go1.15 to buster backports? Do we need to mass-rebuild all golang packages in buster-backports against go.1.15?

--
regards,
    Reinhard