Re: Dealing with 404 vendor packages

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 2:24 AM Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:

>  ❦ 14 mars 2020 22:50 -04, Tong Sun <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net>:
>
> > How to deal with vendor packages that are 404 when accessed?
> >
> > The docker cli has many k8s.io packages in its vendor folder that when
> > I try to visit them, I'm getting 404.
> >
> > E.g. k8s.io/api is one of its vendor packages, but  I'm getting 404 for it.
> > (I do have found a repo: https://github.com/kubernetes/api).

> Use https://k8s.io/api?go-get=1 to retrieve the real location.

OK. that confirms that the https://github.com/kubernetes/api that I
found is indeed the k8s.io/api vendor package that docker cli needs.

Then the next question is, since docker cli is using vendor packages
instead of go modules, I can't really use the go module replace
mechanism. So how to deal with this? I.e.,

> > Is there any write up on how to deal with such situation, to package
> > those 404 vendor packages?

Thanks