Re: Basics of packaging with the new workflow

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 1:03 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:
>... dh-make-golang has implemented the new
> workflow, and it's the default mode.
>
> So when you create a new package with dh-make-golang, it creates two
> branches for you,
> + debian/sid
> + upstream
> upstream branch contains upstream history.
> . . .
> Please try the new dh-make-golang, and contribute patches.

Thanks Shengjing,

I gave it a try but found my dh-make-golang always creates the
pristine-tar branch, regardless what I set to
the `-pristine-tar` flag.

- My dh-make-golang is v0.3.3 linux/amd64, updated just days ago.
- Whether I don't provide the -pristine-tar flag, or use
`-pristine-tar=false` I always get the pristine-tar branch:

$ git branch -vv
* debian/sid   e19df5d [origin/debian/sid: gone] Ignore quilt dir .pc
via .gitignore
  pristine-tar b898b60 pristine-tar data for
golang-github-jaguilar-vt100_0.0~git20150826.2703a27.orig.tar.xz
  upstream     1c10e32 [origin/upstream: gone] New upstream version
0.0~git20150826.2703a27

How were you able to only get two branches?

thx