Re: announcement: go-md2man-v2 uploaded to NEW queue

On 2020-10-24 23:29, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 2:17 PM Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:

Just letting the Go Team know, I've uploaded go-md2man-v2 to the NEW
queue.

go-md2man-v2 will supersede go-md2man, but it gets a new path so I've
treated it as a new package conflicting with the original go-md2man,
following the pattern used for golang-blackfriday-v2.

It seems the Conflicts between golang-github-cpuguy83-go-md2man-v2-dev
and golang-github-cpuguy83-go-md2man-dev blocks testing migrations of
golang-github-spf13-cobra and golang-github-urfave-cli.

The two packages haven't been migrated for 19days.

I have asked in #debian-release irc channel on Oct 2. And bunk says it may be a bug in britney. However RT hasn't responded yet, or added a hint for them.

So I'm trying to move the install path to
/usr/share/gocode/src/github.com/cpuguy83/go-md2man/v2/
and remove the Conflicts on -dev packages.

Thanks Shengjing. Usually such conflicts are direct, hence resolved with a Conflicts field. But this case is unusual since the conflict happens elsewhere in a different package 5 links down the dependency chain (golang-github-docker-notary-dev I think it was). So not really logical to use a Conflicts field directly.

The RT would probably get around to adding a hint eventually, but if we can set up the packages so that there is no conflict, then that's even better.

Drew