Re: Best approach to update Go packages with the version in the go import path

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:21 PM Arnaud Rebillout
<arnaud.rebillout@collabora.com> wrote:

> On 6/18/20 4:33 PM, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 5:31 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Because the version of gotestum in debian:
> >> 1. have go.mod
> >> 2. and declare it wants v2
> >> See https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/gotestsum/-/blob/debian/0.4.0-2/go.mod
> >>
> >> It only works when:
> >> 1. it has go.mod
> >> 2. and declare it wants v3 or don't declare it want any version.
> >>
> > or it:
> > 1. does not have go.mod
> > 2. use gotest.tools, no gotest.tools/v3
> >
> Thanks a lot! I could successfully build gotest.tools in a similar
> fashion than godbus (ie. install in GOPATH/src/gotest.tools, no v3
> subdir), and rebuild all the reverse build-deps.

It turns out that FTBFS of gotestsum is forgetting to create a symlink
of gotest.tools's go.mod file.
It's fixed by https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/gotestsum/-/commit/708e3eca1a390bdc0eb4cfab15eaa86074d88531
And I have uploaded gotestsum/0.4.0-3

> @Shengjing I pushed it all to Salsa, when you have a moment could you
> please have a look and upload to unstable please? All is left to do is
> to `dch --release` and push a tag to Salsa.

Let's wait gotestsum 0.4.0-3 migrate to testing and then upload gotest.tools.
Otherwise (I think) the gotestsum's autopkgtest regression will
prevent gotest.tools's migration.

--
Shengjing Zhu