Re: Best approach to update Go packages with the version in the go import path

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:33 PM Lucas Kanashiro <kanashiro@debian.org> wrote:
> FWIW we had the same situation while updating the prometheus package
> with golang-gopkg-yaml.v2-dev and golang-gopkg-yaml.v3-dev. Since both
> of them are still needed we have a separate package which matches the
> second option you mentioned.

golang-gopkg-yaml.v?-dev are different here. The gopkg.in path is the
thing before
the go module that people used to release the go library.

The import path is different in both GOPATH and go module. So it must
be a new package.

--
Shengjing Zhu