Re: cross building go packages?

Hi,

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 12:25:44AM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> Since all packages (should) depends on golang-any, not golang-go. It's
> possible to archive the goal by changing the depends of golang-any?

I did not propose "golang-any". The options were roughly:
 1. golang-go (no cross compilation)
 2. golang-go:native
 3. golang-go (mark golang-go Multi-Arch: foreign)
 4. golang-go:any (mark golang-go Multi-Arch: allowed)
 5. golang-go-for-host or golang-go depending on the naming scheme.
    (introduce <arch>-go wrappers)

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 12:31:03AM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> Some packages on the list seems having wrong Depends on the -dev package.
> The pattern for -dev package is not to depend on golang-go, or
> golang-any, or other compilers.

Yes, I noticed that some libraries depend on the go compiler. However
that is mostly orthogonal to the cross building issue. When using one of
these libraries during cross compilation of other packages, dropping of
golang-go would be useful.

Helmut