Re: How to list all dependent packages to pack for a new one

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 9:51 AM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 10:27 PM Tong Sun
> <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Given a new package that needs to be packed, say
> > github.com/GoogleContainerTools/container-diff, how can I know what
> > are the dependent packages that are yet/need to be packed?
>
> We have such tool, but I think the document is not easy to find.
>
> https://github.com/Debian/dh-make-golang/blob/master/estimate.go#L168

Cool!

Thanks a lot Shengjing!

PS:

Usage: dh-make-golang estimate <go-package-importpath>
Estimates the work necessary to bring <go-package-importpath> into Debian
by printing all currently unpacked repositories.
Example: dh-make-golang estimate github.com/Debian/dh-make-golang