Re: gopasspw packaging (#901133)

On വെ, Jan 17, 2020 at 17:31, Balasankar Balu C <balasankarc@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On 17/1/20 3:14 PM, Clément Hermann wrote:

 In any case, it would be interesting to answer this question anyway:
 how do we make sure we don't have duplicate code in packages when we
 do this ?

I think the plan is to have a `vault` source package, that currently
only builds/installs `golang-github-hashicorp-vault-api`
and `golang-github-hashicorp-vault-sdk` binary packages, which can be

golang-github-hashicorp-vault-api-dev and golang-github-hashicorp-vault-sdk-dev

You can exclude others in debian/clean or Files-Excluded in debian/copyright.

Not sure about multiple binary packages in golang, (it is easy in ruby) if that is hard you could have golang-github-hashicorp-vault-dev as binary with

Provides: golang-github-hashicorp-vault-api-dev (=${source:Version}) , golang-github-hashicorp-vault-sdk-dev (=${source:Version})

This was you can keep on adding more provides as required by adjusting debian/clean.

used by gopasspw. The binary package `vault`
which will be shipping the built binary will not be created until all
the dependencies are packaged.

I am not sure if this is possible, though. This is just the plan I have
in my mind.

Regards
Balu