Re: New package: exercism

Dmitry,

Sorry for the delayed response!  Replies inline.

On Apr 30, 2019, at 10:03 AM, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@debian.org> wrote:

Please, review my packaging and suggest, whether is would be okay to
upload package to experimental given situation with tests.

Package looks good to me.  Uploading to experimental seems reasonable given the disabled tests.

Also, resulting binary is huge -- 9.5 Mb. What is team practice on
compressing binaries? upx(1) shrinks "exercism" binary to 2.8Mb.

As far as I’m aware we have not done any binary compression in the past but I don’t personally see anything wrong with it…  Do others have thoughts?

Stephen