Re: Re: Intent to add some container tools to Debian

> > Hello there,
> >
> > I plan to add some container tools to Debian below. There is a Ubuntu
> > PPA available to have peek but it may need lots of cleanup to unbundle
> > to fit into Debian policies.
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/~projectatomic/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages
> >
> > Since I have just returned from tired from Debian 10-year ago, I would
> > appreciate if there are some pointers for best practices to get those
> > included in Debian unstable as soon as possible.
>
> Welcome back!
>
> And yes, you need to unbundle the vendors(as much as you can), making
> every library a single Debian package.
>
> For Go packaging, you can read the team page first,
> https://go-team.pages.debian.net/. Then you'll find the recommended
> tool, dh-make-golang, which helps a lot when creating new packages.
>
> IMHO, the container ecosystem in Debian is not healthy... It needs to
> package *a lot of* dependencies and a lot of work! I don't expect you
> can finish them very soon...
>
> But we do need more container related tools to be packaged!

Hi,

I'm not a Jedi in neither Debian packaging nor the mentioned tools, but
I'm fit enough in both and interested on having the packages to offer
my collaboration.

@Cai please let me know if you have any initial packaging draft that I
can start testing, reviewing, debugging...

--
With best regards,
Silvano Cirujano Cuesta