Help with building protoc-gen-gitaly binary in golang-gitaly-proto package

Hi,

I need to generate *pb.go files in go/gitalypb and it uses a binary in go/internal/cmd/protoc-gen-gitaly/ for the same. I could not find a way to build this binary using dh-golang. --no-source cannot be used as I need to install source I tried

export DH_GOLANG_BUILDPKG := gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitaly-proto/go/internal/ in debian/rules but it does not build the binary (tried with giving full path including cmd and cmd/protoc-gen-gitaly at the end).

gitaly was using the vendored copy till now, but I'd like to switch to the packaged version. Hope someone has some ideas to move forward.

Thanks
Praveen