Setup local git after the initial push

Hi,

I've done the initial push following the instruction of dh-make-golang, namely,

git remote set-url origin git@salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen.git
gbp push

but now my git is in a strange stage that will always cause my Merge
conflict if I update anything:

$ git pull
>From salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Auto-merging debian/rules
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in debian/rules
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Here are more details:

$ git pull
>From salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up to date.

$ git pull
>From salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up to date.

$ git pull
>From salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up to date.

-- it should say `Already up to date` but it just kept pulling.

$ git branch -a
* master
  pristine-tar
  upstream

$ git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/master
error: the requested upstream branch 'origin/master' does not exist

-- I.e., I don't have the origin/master remote branch, and remote
branches for pristine-tar / upstream either.

$ git remote add origin git@salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/easygen.git
fatal: remote origin already exists.

-- yet git thinks I have remote origin already.

Overall, how to correct my local git for further works? thx