Re: GO111MODULE=on and "go: cannot use modules with build cache disabled"

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:53:20PM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:09 PM Julian Gilbey <julian-pkggo@d-and-j.net> wrote:
> > Any ideas?  The current package is at
> > salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/git-lab.git
> > (though it is broken when it downloads packages directly: the patch
> > update-for-new-tview.patch needs to be removed).  There are also other
> > issues with this package, but they are unrelated.
>
> This is an unfortunate example.
>
> See https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/git-lab/blob/8b634650/go.mod#L43
> Upstream just replaces a common library with its own fork.
>
> Otherwise I think you can still use the old GOPATH way.

Oh dear, well spotted.  There's a lot of conversation on the cobra
package issues list about merging in the fork that this fork is based
on....  But that might take a while.  Not quite sure what to do about
this, then.

Yeesh.  The joys of github and go interaction...

   Julian