Re: google-grpc-dev in buster

On 1/18/19 11:42 PM, Tianon Gravi wrote:
> Have you tried using ratt to test the reverse dependencies? (That
> should give you a little better confidence in whether/what it might
> break to upload.)

Well, I just tried to fire ratt on the *current* version of
google-grpc-dev, the version that is already in debian unstable, ie.
1.11.0-1.

It triggers a rebuild of 114 packages. Quite heavy for my laptop.

I stopped after 58 packages: 11 failed to build... So I don't think ratt
will help me in this case, fixing all the packages that already don't
build will be too much work. And if I don't fix them, I will have to
compare all the build failures against google-grpc-dev 1.11 and
google-grpc-dev 1.15, and try to guess which of these failures are due
to the 1.15 version?? Hmmm. I don't think it will work.

I will try to patch docker to build against google-grpc-dev 1.11
instead. Hopefully I will get to a result quick.

Thanks!

  Arnaud