Re: [pkg-go] Please switch packages over to golang-any

Hi!

On 11/6/18 1:32 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>> Could you therefore please switch the build dependency of all affected Go
>>> packages from golang-go to golang-any? This doesn't have to happen immediately
>>> but it would be nice if it could be at least be done if the packages are
>>> touched the next time.
>>
>> I try to do it when I think about it.
>>
>> This can probably be automated. Should anyone be willing to automate it
>> on all of our repositories on salsa, that would be great.
>>
>> I see no problem in uploading them all at once after the modification is
>> done, as long as the packaged is checked by a human if it contains more
>> than just this single modification.
> Great, thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

A few gccgo issues have already been reported and fixed:

> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28601
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28664
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28665
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28669
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28670

While performing these tests, I ran into the problem that several Debian Go
packages that I tried to build with gccgo instead of golang ran into BD-Uninstallable
issues since the build dependencies still had a hard dependency on golang-go.

For example, when switching docker.io over from "golang-any" to "gccgo-go",
sbuild would fail to install the build dependencies.

So, when fixing the build dependencies, could you also make sure that these
transitive dependencies on golang-go are going away as well?

Ideally, it should be possible to just switch over golang-any from golang-go
to gccgo-go for a given architecture and then rebuild all Debian Go packages
with gccgo. This way, I would be able to perform a lot of build logs for
bug reports real quick.

Thanks,
Adrian

--