Re: [pkg-go] Please switch packages over to golang-any

Hello John,

I am redirecting you to debian-go as we don't use this list for
discussions anymore.

On 2018-11-05 6:40 p.m., John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There are still 91 Go packages in Debian which have a direct build dependency
> on golang-go. This means that the packages in question cannot be build-tested
> on gccgo which is, however, somethat that Go upstream is explicitly asking
> for [1,2].
>
> Could you therefore please switch the build dependency of all affected Go
> packages from golang-go to golang-any? This doesn't have to happen immediately
> but it would be nice if it could be at least be done if the packages are
> touched the next time.

I try to do it when I think about it.

This can probably be automated. Should anyone be willing to automate it
on all of our repositories on salsa, that would be great.

I see no problem in uploading them all at once after the modification is
done, as long as the packaged is checked by a human if it contains more
than just this single modification.

> Of course, I'm also okay if the changes could be made immediately but I don't
> expect it as it can be a lot of work :-).
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Adrian
>
>> [1] https://github.com/golang/go/issues/19074#issuecomment-435940369
>> [2] https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28601#issuecomment-436033854