Re: Intent to add some container tools to Debian

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 1 November 2018 1:53:30 AM AEDT Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > IMHO, the container ecosystem in Debian is not healthy...
>
> Hey, I feel offended... "docker.io" and "rkt" are quite healthy so what do
> you mean, specifically?

Sorry if my word hurts you, please just forgive the non-native english speaker.

What I mean is these tools are hard to maintain under the Debian
policy (strictly). Sure, Go packages are easy to build if we vender
everything. I think you following response is just  the same complaint
for the dependencies.

--
Shengjing Zhu