Re: Request for deleting some repositories

The convention is here:
 - https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-upstream-branch

It has been voted on many months ago so I it was a democratic agreement.

Please either use this layout or the layout created by dh-make-golang.

Repository consistency matters more than personal naming preferences.

--
Alexandre Viau
alexandre@alexandreviau.net

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, 13:09 Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> wrote:
Hi Alex,

> Done.

Thank you!

> However, there was a master branch in golang-github-xanzy-go-gitlab.
>
> Why?
>
> Should it be removed?

For gocryptfs and its friends golang-github-jacobsa-crypto and
golang-github-rfjakob-eme we keep upstream's branch in 'master', which
mirrors their 'master' branches on GitHub. I did not set it up that
way but find the naming super convenient. It mirrors my work in Git
repos whenever I contribute upstream (which I do with great
frequency). I keep all feature branches (in this case 'debian/sid')
separate from the authoritative upstream source, and never have to
think twice before issuing 'git merge master'.

Until there is democratic agreement on branch naming other than
'debian/sid', I would prefer to keep upstream in 'master' for
'git-lab' and 'golang-github-xanzy-go-gitlab', but you are welcome
to change it if you feel strongly about it. Either way, please do not
delete it. Thank you!

Felix