Re: RFS: golang-github-gogo-googleapis 1.0.0-1

On Monday, 6 August 2018 5:42:07 AM AEST Arnaud Rebillout wrote:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-gogo-googleapis

Thanks. This package is not as straightforward as you might think.

All pre-generated files shipped in upstream tarball should be re-built.

See

  https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-gogo-googleapis/
commit/c047818a

This is not only DFSG compliance but also common sense and best practice.

Re-building ensures integrity of generated files and that they are up-to-date
(hence making package bin-NMU-able), etc.

We've already seen FTBFS cases due to outdated pre-built files. Eventually
pre-built files become obsolete (e.g. when compiler is upgraded, etc.).

> This is a dependency of Docker 18.06.

Then it might be useful to set "Affects" property of a bug.

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

I am an agnostic; I do not pretend to know what many ignorant men are
sure of.
        -- Clarence Darrow