Re: new pkg-go mailing list created + disabling subscriptions Alioth one

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 1:54 AM, Alexandre Viau <aviau@debian.org> wrote:
Hello!

For some of you, this will be the first message that you receive from
this mailing list.

This mailing list replaces the previous Alioth list, pkg-go-maintainers.

pkg-go-maintainers subscriptions were moved to this list yesterday:
 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=904764

Unlike pkg-go-maintainers, this list cannot be used for package
notifications. The new way to receive these notifications is to use
https://tracker.debian.org:
 1. Join https://tracker.debian.org/teams/pkg-go/
 2. Manage your subcriptions with "Modify keywords" at
https://tracker.debian.org/accounts/subscriptions/

"Modify keywords" allows to you set which types of emails you want to
receive for which team, or globally.

For other questions, please refer to the distro-tracker team documentation:
 -
https://qa.pages.debian.net/distro-tracker/usage/teams.html#working-with-teams

Michael, would you disable subscriptions on the pkg-go-maintainers
mailing list? This would avoid confusion for newcomers.

Done.

We shouldn't disable the list altogether for now because it is still
listed in the maintainer field of some of our packages and the email
there must be valid.

The long-term goal here is that pkg-go-maintainers not be listed in the
Maintainer field of any of our packages as alioth-lists.debian.net will
eventually be shut down. We can probably run a script that updates all
our git repositories to do that, I'll try to find some time during DebConf.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Viau
aviau@debian.org