Re: sudo: autopkgtest fails if glibc is upgraded in testbed (on s390x)

Hi,

On 01-12-2022 12:57, Paul Gevers wrote:
I looked at the results of the autopkgtest of your package because it showed up in the glibc regressions. I noticed that it regularly fails on s390x [1] for the first try to test glibc (same happened at least once on i386 too). The retry one day later works. On ci.d.n, we rebuild our containers on a daily basis, so I suspect this has to do with glibc being updated in the testbed, the testbed not being restarted and than causing issues.

I'm actually in dubio if I should file this bug against sudo, as it may only be the messenger, hence I x-debbugs-cc-ed the glibc and openldap maintainers into the bug too. Please let us figure out where the issue lies and reassign appropriately.

And right after hitting the send button I realized that my reasoning is at least partially flawed. The testbed will always update glibc, because the testbed is build from testing, and glibc hasn't migrated yet. Still, it's a weird pattern.

Paul