Re: Preparing for glibc 2.34: library locations

* Michael Hudson-Doyle:

> There is another wrinkle of course in that Debian/Ubuntu install these
> files to /lib/$multiarch/, not /lib or /lib64 as upstream expects.
>
> What I've implemented[0] for Ubuntu (only for testing so far) is to
> install libc to /lib/$multiarch/libc.so.6, the dynamic linker to
> /lib/$multiarch/$dynamic_linker_soname, and then have a symlink from
> the ABI-mandated dynamic linker path to the new path for the dynamic
> linker. This feels like a reasonable compromise between the upstream
> changes and what Debian does to me but I'm certainly interested in
> hearing other opinions (ideally before Ubuntu feature freeze :-p).

I agree that this layout is reasonable.  The target of the remaining
symbolic link is stable, so it does not matter for the issues that we
tried to address with this upstream change (but then, dpkg is not
impacted by the symbolic link issue as far as I know).

Would you please consider contributing your multiarch patches upstream?
Thanks.

Florian