Re: libc recently more aggressive about pthread locks in stable ?

Lucas,

Thanks for trying a build run with TSX enabled.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I did an archive rebuild on Amazon EC2 using m4.16xlarge instances, that
> use a CPU with TSX enabled.

What microcode revision is that Xeon E5-2686 running?

> I've filed bugs for the packages that failed during that rebuild, but
> don't fail on m4.large instances:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=qa-ftbfs-20161111;users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org

We still need that instrumented libc if one is to test applications,
though, as most packages have little in the way of automated regression
test suites.  And people need to test the packages (using the
applications) with such an instrumented libc installed (or running on a
box with TSX active).

--
  Henrique Holschuh