Re: glibc 2.23 testsuite issues on hppa

On 2016-07-02, at 11:34 AM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Do you think that the test is not run correctly and uses part of the
> glibc from the host system? It would be interesting to build glibc 2.23,
> install it on the system and check if the tests still fail.

The test fails randomly with new libraries and system dynamic loader.  It seems to always
pass with system libraries and system dynamic loader.

The test in testsuite is run using new dynamic loader but  I wonder if starting threads uses the system
dynamic loader.  We have in program headers:

  INTERP         0x0000f4 0x000100f4 0x000100f4 0x0000d 0x0000d R   0x1
      [Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld.so.1]

Will see if building 2.23 using 2.23 is successful.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net