Re: glibc 2.22 testsuite issues on hppa

On 2016-03-08, at 2:57 PM, Helge Deller wrote:

>> There seems to be 3 failures that are regressions compared to glibc
>> 2.21:
>>
>>  FAIL: debug/backtrace-tst
>>  FAIL: nptl/tst-cancel9
>>  FAIL: nptl/tst-cancelx9
>>
>> These tests have not been modified between glibc 2.21 and glibc 2.22. In
>> addition they are not listed in the expected failures list upstream [1].
>> Note that the compiler has been changed from gcc 4.9 to gcc 5, this
>> might explain the failures, especially the first one.
>
> I think thread cancellation does has problems.
> Anyway, maybe Dave wants to take a look at those...?

The cancellation tests have always been somewhat problematic.  Helge wrote a couple of weeks
ago and he thought there was an unwind issue.  We will investigate as soon as possible.  At the
moment, we are trying to debug a kernel/gcc bug that causes a bootstrap failure.  I would guess
the new optimizations in gcc 5 are causing problems.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net