Is backporting an improvement to jessie possible?

Dear maintainers,

Would it be possible and feasible to backport a feature from a newer release into the version in Jessie?

To be specific, I'm interested in commit ca677d3c3cd0eba7d1f03092517aea553a0e8569:

"Add x86 32 bit vDSO time function support
Linux 3.15 adds support for clock_gettime, gettimeofday, and time vDSO... This patch adds
GLIBC supports to use such symbol when they are avaiable..."

I didn't open a bug report because first I wanted to be sure it's not nonsensical to even propose this.

(Please CC me.)

Regards,
Mert Dirik