On debhelper using ldconfig -X instead of ldconfig in postinst

Hi,

In bug #549990 (from 2009), we were recommended to have debhelper insert
a call to "ldconfig -X" instead of "ldconfig".  I went ahead and
committed said change (but have not released it yet).  Then I noticed
that /sbin/ldconfig is now a shell script invoking dpkg-trigger when
called with no arguments.

My understanding of the ldconfig code is that passing -X to ldconfig
will now bypass this dpkg-trigger call.  Is this still preferred to a
regular ldconfig call (i.e. trigger)?  Or should I revert the change and
keep the original behaviour?  Alternatively, would you prefer that we
replaced the ldconfig with a call to dpkg-trigger to make things explicit?

Thanks,
~Niels