Re: Release of glibc >2.14

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 09:41:25AM +0100, Aurélien Da Campo wrote:

> I'm wandering if you have planned to release a new stable version soon ?
> Or is it risky for my wheezy environment to upgrade to the current testing
> version (jessie 2.17.97) ?

We don't upgrade upstream versions in stable releases, we only do
security and bugfix updates.  If you need the jessie glibc, you're
probably better served by running jessie, though I can't see how
any libraries "require" >> 2.14, unless you mean that you're trying
to install binary packages of those libraries from jessie as well.

... Adam