Re: Error while building eglibc on ubuntu 12.10 64bit

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM, abhiroop dabral <abhiroop11@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I followed all the the steps provided on the compilation page
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Configuring-and-compiling.html.
> While configuration I used only one flag which was--prefix=/my directoy.
> After this when I execute the make command I get an error in between and
> compilation is terminated. I tried searching for this on internet but got no
> clues regarding this error.
> The library version I am trying to build is eglibc 2.15.
> wctomb.c:59:1: error __EI_wctomb' aliased to external symbol '__GI_wctomb'
> make[2]: *** [/var/services/homes/abhi/ld/glibc-build/stdlib/wctomb.os]
> Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/var/services/homes/abhi/ld/glibc-2.15/stdlib' make[1]: ***
> [stdlib/subdir_lib] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/var/services/homes/abhi/ld/glibc-2.15' make: *** [all] Error 2

This looks like a binutils issue.

My suggestion to you is to try the following:

1. Clone a copy of the master repository like this: git clone
git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git
2. Try to build that and see if it works.

If you can build the current 2.19 development snapshot with your tools then you
should be good to go.

Keep in mind that the tools and glibc evolve together, and while we try to keep
everything working together the combination of compiler, linker, linux headers,
and glibc do have some undocumented dependencies.

If you can't compile master, then your best bet is to find an old distribution
that ships with 2.15, install it, and use *that* to do your development since
you know it was able to build 2.15 with the tools it deploys as system tools.

Good luck with your project ;-)

Cheers,
Carlos.