Is there any way to upgrade to version 2.14 of libc6

I am currently running Debian 7.1.0 amd64 version very recently loaded of your website. I am trying to install a USB driver from FTDI. I first tried to compile their ftdi_sio which is a tty driver, and found out that there are all kinds of missing header files that weren't where they apparently are in other distos. I gave up taking this route after fighting with it for hours. They had an alternative driver that was a shared library. I installed this, and then tried to compile their example programs, and I got the following message.

for n in BitMode EEPROM/erase EEPROM/read EEPROM/write EEPROM/user/read EEPROM/user/size EEPROM/user/write Events LargeRead MultiThread SetVIDPID Simple Timeouts ; do make -C $n || exit 1; done make[1]: Entering directory `/home/johancsi/Downloads/release/examples/BitMode'
gcc main.c -o bitmode -Wall -Wextra -L. -lftd2xx -Wl,-rpath /usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.so: undefined reference to `memcpy@GLIBC_2.14'
make[1]: *** [bitmode] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/johancsi/Downloads/release/examples/BitMode'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

I've looked on the internet for solutions to this problem, and it seems that there are a lot of people that have this problem, but nobody seems to know a viable fix. It seems that Debian is way behind for this library. Somebody had a solution of switching to Ubuntu because apparently they are more up to date on their distros. This is viable for me, because I am trying to write code to go into the Raspberry PI, and Ubuntu isn't available for Raspi. I found a post that claimed that you could get a newer version from the Debian testing sight, but what they posted didn't work. This is what they said.

You don't have to switch to the unstable to get glib >= 2.14. In fact, the testing branch has glib-2.17 which you can pick just adding the testing repository and launching:

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev=2.17-7

or,

sudo apt-get -t testing install libc6-dev

First of all, I haven't been able to figure out how to add the testing repository to my sources.list. This is what I tried with no success.

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates testing/updates main contrib non-free

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tracy Johancsik