Re: [patches] Track resolv.conf, avoid need for explicit res_init() or nscd in long-running applications

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 07:14:29AM -0700, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> > I've checked in Paul's patch to trunk and backported it to
> > EGLIBC 2.14 and EGLIBC 2.13 branches.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > EGLIBC 2.12 and earlier do not need this fix as they don't
> > have original Aurelien's fix to resolv/res_libc.c.
>
> I've got the problem reported against EGLIBC 2.11 originally.  Debian
> back-ported Aurelien's fix into it:
> http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/eglibc/2.11.2-10/any/submitted-resolv.conf-thread.diff
>
> I've CCd debian-glibc@lists.debian.org; hopefully they'll pick up this
> patch as well.
> Here is a back-link to it: http://www.eglibc.org/archives/patches/msg00972.html

It's picked-up for unstable, it will be in the next upload. Same for
Squeeze, but it first has to be reviewed and accepted by the stable
release managers.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73