Re: [SRM] Uploading new upstream stable version to Squeeze?

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 05:36:27PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 22:53 +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > The status is that glibc 2.11.4 will be released when Debian feels it
> > is ready, as we are the main testers here. I am planning to do some more
> > testing of the current SVN on more machines, and everything seems fine
> > around the release of 6.0.3, I'll ask around for the release of 2.11.4.
> >
> > I can then upload it to stable just after the release of 6.0.3, which
> > should give us sufficient additional testing before the release of
> > 6.0.4.
>
> Did the 2.11.4 release happen?  I'm conscious of the fact that we're now
> a little way past 6.0.3; apologies for not following up again sooner.

I have asked for it, but I have no answer so far. That said everything
is already committed in the upstream git/svn, the only difference with
version 2.11.4 will be the version number. Maybe we should just upload
the current version without waiting so that it is widely tested, and
later upload the final 2.11.4 if released in time.

> If you're happy to include the patch for #640922 in the upstream stable
> branch then feel free to also include it in a stable upload.

Ok, will include it.

Regards,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73