Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libc.so.6

reopen 633406
reassign 633406 libc6
tags 633406 + moreinfo
quit

Raphaël Hertzog wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2011, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:

>> Maybe, or I'm just the first person to report it.
>
> If all builds were failing since a month, we would have noticed it. :-)

That's true.  But an upgrade path somewhere or some documentation
could be broken.  Since it is not clear to me that this bug has been
fixed in Debian, I'm reopening it (after all, "it's definitely not a
bug in dpkg" is not a reason to close a bug against the Debian OS).

Jamie, I'm tagging the bug moreinfo because I'm having trouble
imagining how this system came to be the way it is and that would be
important information for solving it.  Do you know when this started
happening?  Was there an upgrade or something soon before?  Are there
other libc-related symptoms showing up?  What are the versions of all
installed 'libc*' packages, and have you ever installed a version of
libc from another architecture or outside the packaging system?
Please feel free to send relevant logs to help with investigating.

Thanks and regards,
Jonathan